Monday, January 7, 2013

Hurricane Sandy Sandwich Melt




Hurricane Sandy Sandwich Melt

Well when hurricane sandy came my family and I lost our power for about a week. No heat, no electricity, NOTHING. When it came to cooking we had to get a little inventive to use up our food before it went bad, and to not starve. Luckily for us we did have our grill working with propane, and a fire place with a cast iron insert which heated the house nicely even without the electric blower working. 

Late one night my sister, friends and myself got a little inventive with our hunger pangs. I do have to give most credit to my sister on this though.



Ingredients:

Foil
Bread
1-2 Tbs Butter
Cheese
Tuna Salad
(Or whatever you like)

Directions:

On a piece of foil spread some butter about the size of two pieces of bread.

Place the bread on the foil with the cheese on top.

Place the foil with bread and cheese on top of the stove/fire/grill.

Let it heat up and toast the bread. (The sizzling sound this made just urged our stomachs to growl even more.)

Once toasted to where you like add the tuna salad (or whatever filling you like) and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment