Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Poppers


Without Glaze


With Glaze

The original recipe called for a glaze using a stick! of butter. UGH. I was only able to get 40 mini muffins out of the batter, and an entire stick of butter for a recipe with no pure sugar, and no butter seemed a bit ridiculous. So I made my own and they are still absolutely delicious! The best little treat for a cool fall day while sipping a hot tea and reading a good book wrapped up in your favorite blanket. I might actually miss these days once I move to the desert.(By the way, I still get to enjoy my baked treats and my warm tea) Enjoy!

Pumpkin Poppers


Ingredients:

1 3/4 c Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 Tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Tsp Nutmeg
3/4 Tsp Ginger
3/4 Tsp Cloves
1/3 c Vegetable oil
1/2 c Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 C Pumpkin
1/2 c Milk

Glaze

2-3 Tbs Confectioners Sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1 Tsp Sugar
Milk

Directions:
Oven: 350°F

Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and brown sugar in a bowl. Make sure to get the clumps of brown sugar out.

Mix in pumpkin, vanilla, egg, oil, and milk. Mix until blended.

Using small muffin pan, grease and fill each half full with batter.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Remember the more milk the thinner it is. Taste to make sure it's how you would like it. 

Dip the top of the muffins in the glaze and let them dry on a cooling rack.

These are really great without glaze as well!

Serve them warmed with some tea...mmmm =)







No comments:

Post a Comment